Recent, Current & Forecast Data For The British Isles
Data of these types are usually made available on the internet for non-commercial
use. Should you require such data for commercial purposes, you are strongly
advised to contact the data supplier; the onus rests on the user to satisfy
him/herself that accessing these data do not violate any rules / regulations
laid down by the supplier.
Latest information from the WMO regarding data availability and updated information
on data restrictions as covered by WMO Resolution 40 is promulgated via the
Newsletter. This is now in a very convenient on-line format and is issued
GTS Text Data - global text files fron the GTS
Other Recent & Current Observational Data for the British Isles
Climatic Data for the British Isles
Other Forecast Data for the British Isles
Access To Meteorological Data International Regulations
to keep in mind!
Helpful Information - Please Read!
- Data provided on this site are grabbed automatically. This means that:
In any of these circumstances, the link direct to the source product should be used. These are
provided for the user's convenience just under the link to that product on this site.
- If the source site is late in updating a particular product, then the old product will be
grabbed again: this server will not try again later.
- If the product on the source site is corrupted or otherwise incomplete, this server will
still grab that product.
- If the product is temporarily unavailable on the source site and results in an empty URL,
then the URL on this site for the product will be empty.
- The approximate times at which products are grabbed are also given. On most occasions the
products will be available on this site within five minutes, but on rare occasions delays on the
internet may increase this time lag.
- To see the file sizes and the exact times of downloading of all products (excluding GTS
data files), view the charts subdirectory at
http://www.weather.org.uk/charts/ GTS data files'
details can be seen on the GTS data page, at the bottom of that page.
Minor updating to this page by Martin Stubbs on 12 November
> Back to The UK Weather Information Site Home Page